What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some good news...

the first of the year my wife took a part time job doing computer programing for a new buisness in town, it paid $15 an hour and they would work around her schedule so we decided what the hell and she took the job. the company is in partnership with Avanade.

well last night he drug me to their monthly "awards ceremony", basically an excuse to socialize, we played Pictionary if that gives you any clue as to the seriousness of the evening
smile_n_32.gif
well one of the head onsite Avanade guys was chatting with Darla and did ALOT of insinuating that she might become a lead within the next 6 months or so which would mean an increase in pay to $30 an hour needless to say this stunned both of us as the last few months is the first programing Darla has done in 5 years.

basically what Darla and her group are doing is taking the basic program built buy another company and doing all the lil and major tweaks to make the customer happy with the project, basically adding options to drop down menus and a whole bunch of other stuff. they were working on a 6 month contract which ends next week, well apparently apon renegotiating the next 6 months the customer has requested an 18 month contract which is about unheard of i guess for the type of work they are doing.

it was an interesting evening to say the least

Whuuuu Whoooo ! Most excellent ! Congrats. to both of you ! Carnak sees something with Hi-Power and 400 yards in your near future !!

400? my 270 can do that without breathing hard. thinking more along the lines of 600-800
smile_n_32.gif

actually have lots of work to put into our new house if we get it, no new rifles for awhile
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Just saw the new house thread, have fun with that ! Like Rosanna Rosanna Danna's mother said "It's always sumthin". At least you'll never be bored.

Does that mean a new greenhouse?
smile.gif
Congratulations!

doubt it for a few years.............first get the house than in a couple years ill figure out a greenhouse. i will have a good deal more room for plants though as i have laid claim to the utility room for myself. will have to share it with the washer and dryer but its a big room, bigger than our current bedroom.....heading over to get pics at 1 tomorrow. chatted with the bank to day should have an answer next week so we will hopefully be in the house by the end of next month.

Back