What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So confused

is the n pilosa a highland or low land. i am despretly in need of growing info and growing tips.
sad.gif

First off "Welcome to the Forums"
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

N. Pilosa is a highland Nepenthes.
For more info please click here: N. Pilosa

N. pilosa is concidered to be a highland specis but, can be grown as an intermidiate. which means keep temp below 80 during the day and it requires cool night temps at least below 75 degress and with all neps humidity should always be above 80%

Hi,

I'm growing N. pilosa for about half a year only,so I do have very limited experience. Jeff, Tony, Rob or one of the other experts might help you better.

My N. pilosa clone seems to like highland conditions better than intermediate conditions. Now in fall and winter night temps go down to about 10-13 degrees and daytime temps rise to about 20-21 degrees. In summer night temps were about five deg. higher and the plant did grow slightly slower for me. As compost I use a typical nepenthes mix without LFS, nothing special. N. pilosa seems not as demanding in light levels as other highland species to grow compact with sturdy leafes and nice pitchers.

Joachim

Back