What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small Nepenthes lid problem

Halt, I have 4 known females in my collection, none of which go through the little lid syndrome, while a couple of my known males do. What does that say to your "hypothesis"

Halt, I have 4 known females in my collection, none of which go through the little lid syndrome, while a couple of my known males do. What does that say to your "hypothesis"

Cross-dressing?

Little lid syndrome, it could be something else, such as getting a bigger leaf, it could also be something so tiny that you don't even notice. idk. it makes sense to me.

But it makes no sense to anyone else...
Humans/animals =/=Plants. Even if a Nepenthes is female, their reproductive system doesn't work exactly the same as humans/animals.

Also, how does a bigger leaf cause Small Lid Syndrome?

Edit: Lol, BigBella.

No i think that it should vary, it could be bigger leaves, small lid syndrome, basals, anything else, even some minute change. Actually, DNA makes up everything, so maybe it could be the dna. iknow the reproductive stuff aint the same, but im just saying its an idea. they have a different number of chromasomes as humans/animals/insects/bugs/ other plants. idk. dont get mad at me, im just thinking outside the box:)

No i think that it should vary, it could be bigger leaves, small lid syndrome, basals, anything else, even some minute change. Actually, DNA makes up everything, so maybe it could be the dna. iknow the reproductive stuff aint the same, but im just saying its an idea. they have a different number of chromasomes as humans/animals/insects/bugs/ other plants. idk. dont get mad at me, im just thinking outside the box:)

I guess I see where you're going? But if you make statements such as these, you should back them up and explain why. And again, how do bigger leaves cause small lids? By the way, I'm not getting mad at you.

Lol i know that, but im not saying bigger leaves cause small lids, im saying something different will probably happen everytime.

Back