What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small Mist House

• Thread starter Bonnie
  • Start date
I figured I would consolidate all my pics as I go under a new thread since it's completely set up now. Heating is through a dairy heater and also two 4' bench heaters on a thermostat, cooling is a swamp cooler and front vent on another thermostat, humidity is a mist system hooked up to an RO filter and on an intermittent timer to only run during daylight hours. I added a lot of modifications to add more room for hanging plants, I have two 4 foot frames with hardware cloth bolted to the greenhouse above the benches, another two 4 foot frames with hardware cloth below the benches, and behind that there are 2 eight foot pieces of EMT, one on either side, to hang potted plants under the benches. I'll add more pics as I go, here's the start of me transferring stuff over.

Last edited:
Great little greenhouse. love all the Orchids.

Looks very nice! Can just a swamp cooler really combat the heat from the summer sun in California?

That and shade cloth and some shade paint, sure! It's been hitting 80 degrees max in the heat, my bigger greenhouse tops out at about 82 degrees even in hundred degree weather.

That's very impressive. I've always been told that swamp coolers aren't powerful enough to result in more than a couple degrees of cooling.

That's a great setup!

That dry California air really helps with how much a swamp cooler can cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It gets cold enough that you need a heater?

The swamp cooler will drop it about 60-80 degrees, my other greenhouse will hit 140 on a spring day if I dont have it on but its also because we have lower humidity here that it works so well. And yes it drops to mid 30s here so definitely still need a heater.

Beautiful setup. :drool: 'Looking forward to seeing more.

Back