What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome collection Damon, the butchinensis (ugh) may take quite a while to color up. Its acclimated to very high light levels

everything looks great

Butch

I've been so busy with my new job that I haven't had much time to devote to my plants other than watering them.

Now that things are settling down a little I was able to take some time today to take a few pics to show the results of my neglect. As usual my plants do alot better when I am not fussing over them.

N. ventricosa "porcelain"
ventp.jpg

ventp2.jpg

N. izumiae x veitchii
veitchiixiz2.jpg

veitchiixiz1.jpg

N. veitchii LL
veitchiill.jpg

N. truncata x xTrusmadiensis
truncxtm2.jpg

N. lowii x truncata wide peristome
lowiixtruncatawp2.jpg

lowiixtruncatawp1.jpg

N. lowii
lowii4.jpg

N. hamata
hamatal.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man those are some handsome looking plants.

Man I LOVE your porcelain!! It's in my opinion the nicest form of ventricosa, too bad it's so hard to find.

Oh man.. can't wait for my truncata x x TM to look as nice as yours. :drool: Very nice Damon.

Thanks Dex. Hows that KoHxQoS doing? I hope well.

@Mike Mine too. I had been looking for about 1 or 2 years at least for one. I would have traded anyting in my collection for one. But, I like N. ventricosa very much. I bypass my other neps often to google at my vents.

@Travis Thanks buddy. By far my favorite xTM hybrid so far.

Updates. I'll try to put names in later..

d. rotundifolia
img0001ahz.jpg

baby d. capillaris
img0002bfj.jpg

growing in a forest of sarracenia
img0003nb.jpg

S. leucophylla x oreophylla my new favorite
img0004sd.jpg

S. flava var atropurpurea Bay Co., FL
img0005dc.jpg

S. flava var atropurpurea
img0006xb.jpg

S. leucophylla "alba top" x flava var. rubricorpora
img0007zi.jpg

S. "Adrian Slack"
img0008ig.jpg

S. flava rugelli
img0009gn.jpg

S. flava rubricorpora
img0010dj.jpg

Group shot, love the S. minor okee x leucophylla (not sure exact lineage)
img0012vr.jpg

It's offspring, with leucophylla "antho free" if I recall...
img0022ej.jpg

Some hybrid between S. purpurea and leucophylla
img0015us.jpg

Seedlings... of what I have no idea.
img0017tl.jpg

VFT Red dragon, giving B52 a run for it's money. Currently my biggest trap.
img0023jw.jpg

S. leucophylla
img0024ld.jpg

d. binata... what the heck is that doing there? LOL
img0021kyj.jpg

S. 'Craig Rudman'
img0019dv.jpg

another shot of S. 'Craig Rudman'
img0018vl.jpg

Next three are all seedlings of the same batch I got from Yann. Not sure what they are, but they are gorgeous. I think I'm going to have to ping him to find out what they are. I just have a number coding for now...
img0026di.jpg

img0028ip.jpg

img0029lv.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking plants!

love the lowii and hamata pics next to each other :) hair hair everywhere

Very nice!! I love your plants, they look very healthy!

One quik question, has your lowii x truncata always been that darkly colored? I'm just wondering if mine will ever color up like that or if the pitchers are going to stay lighter colored as they are...

Nice plants Damon! Couple of those Sarrs look familiar ;) I think we are all wanting a Nep update! Great growing!

One quik question, has your lowii x truncata always been that darkly colored? I'm just wondering if mine will ever color up like that or if the pitchers are going to stay lighter colored as they are...

No. In my experience, lighting plays an important role in color. Genetics permitting.

@Yann, yes. I am showing off many of the plants I got from you. I tend to dwell on the shiney new ball. LOL. I really should take some nep pics. Many updates, and even a heli flower!

Very glad to see you're enjoying them Damon, they couldn't have gone to better hands. Look forward to some of your Nep shots.

Nice collection!

Back