What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I break this plant up now...?

I have this plant but I am not sure if I need to repot or what to look for or how to break it up any advise welcome

DSCF0428.jpg

Thanks Noddy

If it has two growth points and each break has healthy roots.

would it matter if I left in as it is or is going to be pot bound at the moment?

Oh, my. Yes, I would definitely repot the plant.

depends on if you want to have several plants, to give away/trade etc., then divide it. if you want one big bush of a purpurea plant, then leave it be. as capensis said, you might want to put it into a larger pot if you are gonna keep it intact.

I think I would rather go bigger pot and keep as is ...

So just remove the soil and repot in a larger pot with new sound ok?

Boy do these things DRINK

That plant seems to be 4-5 times as big in diameter as the pot :0o: very healthy too. If you want to keep it that way, get a big pot :)

For repotting, it's not absolutely necessary to remove the soil ball that it's been growing in. That could give it root shock, so just try making a hole the size of the original pot in the new pot's soil, removing the old pot, and planting the soil ball as it is inside the hole. This method is less 'invasive', but you could do the other method right before growth starts in the spring (just after dormancy).

Good growing Noddy

Ha ha ha

That was grown indoors all year... on a window sil

I have repotted now in new pot with new peat... & removed all poor leaves as there is new growth coming...

Noddy.

Back