What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

short run timer switch

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
I've been looking for a 110V timer switch that would allow me to say, run a small fan or a humidifier every half hour for 5 minutes. Maybe I don't just don't know what to call it but I haven't had any luck searching the 'net. Anyone know of such a thing at an affordable price? Thanks for reading this.

I have one that used to have different settings for day and night (used it for my 1000 psi fogging system to run a few seconds every 20 mins or so for day, and a few seconds ever couple hours at night before getting a decent humidity) the little sensor that senses day and night no longer works so it always reads as (day or night I don't remember) Anyway, I may be willing to trade that off or something, if you wanna search new ones, they are called cycle timers :)
Good luck!
Andrew

I am also looking for something like this for the same reasons. I bought two small fans today to use in my tank. I don't know much about electronics. That one that was likea board looks confusing.

:-D Wow. Thank you everyone! This is a small problem that's been bugging me for some time. I have a circulation fan that needs to run periodically but drains the humidity out of my enclosure after awhile.

Tony C, that's cool. Thanks. I'll have to look into those.
bluemax, I'm having the same problem right now. I have just got two personal fans set up on top of my terrarium and when the mist is on it may as well not be. It just all disappears. The fans cool a little bit but then the humidity goes down. I turn off the fans and run the mist. Humidity goes up but so does the temp because my lights are so close on my 20gal. I'm home a lot so I'm alternating manually and it's annoying. I'd like to sit in front of my tank and enjoy it not mess with it all the time.

most grow shops sell them they are not cheap

Back