What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shady cake.....PICS!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I forgot my sugar gliders' Birthday, it was on Feb-15th, he turned one (he is the father of Scubbe the baby). I made him a cake :-D

shadycakes001.jpg

shadycakes006.jpg

shadycakes003.jpg

They look like sponges, LOL.

Whoo! I thought a clown got sick.

Seriously that's cute and that's real pet devotion right there.

I should do that for Ollie...his third birthday is coming up March 11. (One of his half brothers was at the Westminster Dog show. Same daddy and the mother came from the same breeder as Ollie's. He did not win his breed class but at least he made it to "the grand slam of dog shows." Too bad Ollie didn't get to the show ring...two of his littermates made their championships before they were 1 year old.)

They look more like cookies than a cake...but they look good. I guess the taste good to a glider.

They're just pancakes. You should make something for 0llie for his birthday! It's an important day! :-D

Oooooh...I though they were "glider food". I know there are recipes out there to make dog treats.

Oooooh...I though they were "glider food". I know there are recipes out there to make dog treats.

Nope, not glider food, lol. The pancakes were more for me and Jeff to enjoy, lol. Oh and the dog of course :p

I make Taylee all sorts of dog treats. There are thousands of recipes on the web for them. Taylee really likes the peanut butter ones :)

I thought they were some sort of "glider food" also. Not that your pancakes look bad, lol. That's cute. I'm sure they loved you celebrating their birthday. Before the calico cat my parents had growing up was put asleep, my parents had a special stocking that looked like a cat around Christmas time. It was really cute and always she was always pawing at it in the morning for the catnip. Although some people think it is silly to recognize pets for birthdays and holidays, I think it is fun and special.

xvart.

While an animal doesn't grasp the concept of the occasion, they can certainly appreciate fun, excitement, treats and special attention.

I just wish dogs had more appreciation for "special treats". You think you are giving them something grand and wonderful and they wolf it down in a split second and then look at you like "Ok...that's done...Where's the next one?!"...tail just a-waggin'.

There is a dog bakery here. The things they have in there for dogs would make your mouth water. You would think you just walked into a fancy French pastry shop. And its really pretty reasonable pricewise.

I just wish dogs had more appreciation for "special treats". You think you are giving them something grand and wonderful and they wolf it down in a split second and then look at you like "Ok...that's done...Where's the next one?!"...tail just a-waggin'.

You are so right! :-)) I always celebrate Christmas and special occasions with my pets. They all have stockings as well :)

PAK - I've also seen dog bakeries. I know of a lot of people that buy products like that, but it still is beyond me that they do enough business to stay in business. I guess there are people with more disposable income than I to spend on stuff like that on a regular basis.

xvart.

Those dog bakeries are just stupid.. seriously the dog doesn't know the difference between a turd and an eclair.

My dog likes Tofu :) And water from an old stump.

And poopy toilet water...

xvart.

My dog plays catch with its own turds in the winter when they are frozen... :crazy:

you are so... uh.... involved. yes. involved and caring when it comes to your gliders. how long do those little guys live, anyway?

About 8-10 years in captivity.

Those dog bakeries are just stupid.. seriously the dog doesn't know the difference between a turd and an eclair.

lol I know that. BUT...the homemade creations do have a different taste and texture from all the typical dog treats you get from a pet store. I've only bought stuff there once, before Christmas as a "special" Christmas treat. And he did LOVE them (visibly more eager and excited about eating them than his normal treats) so I expect they had some kind of appeal other than ordinary treats, that he appreciated. Obviously the visual appeal is for the owner, not the dog.

I've always found some dog food commercials annoying when they say things like "Looks like REAL BACON!!" As if that makes some difference to a dog. :crazy:

Back