What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Several Pinguicula varieties after an extended dry period

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
Here are photos of Pinguicula cyclosecta, Pinguicula jaumavensis and Pinguicula rotundiflora that did pretty well with being dry for sixteen + months:

P_cyclosecta_015sml.JPG

P_jaumavensis_006sml.JPG

P_rotundiflora_018sml.JPG

The species in this thread seem to have carried on as though they didn't even notice the extended period of dryness they have just endured. It only takes one survivor to repopulate a collection.

Last edited:
I've got a bunch of ping pots resting on top of styrofoam, on a window sill. There is water in the trays but the water doesn't come into direct contact with the pots. I'm trying to simulate a little humidity with dryness. The trays are right against the window, so that the temps are in the 50's and 60's. Does that seem like a reasonable approach for the winter? And when should I begin raising the water level?

Picture091-1.jpg

Picture092.jpg

That's amazing Joseph! The longest I've let mine go has been a couple weeks. I do tend to keep my "sickly" plants on the dry side 'til they show signs of recovering which seems to help them.

Back