What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serricinia purpurea identification and variants

I have been setting up a green house and planning some crosses of my current and new plants,but It has occurred to me that there are 4 different types of sarracenia purpurea,and if I use my plants for the crosses and sell or give away I want to be to tell people exactly what they are getting ,I got 3 purperea from Lowe's savage garden kit when I first started out and in my research I cant figure out if they are purpurea purperea or purperea venosa if anyone knows if they only sell one or the other that would be amazing,thanks for any help,I hope to update when I get my green house setup

See the Sarracenia purpurea FAQ at Barry Rice's site: http://sarracenia.com/faq/faq5538.html.

Maybe Andrew, the forum owner, can chime in and say what he's seen in the plant market, but I think your plants are most likely to be subsp. venosa. But you shouldn't guess when trading/selling/giving away plants. Be upfront about the uncertainty and show parent plant photos.

I actually do not even attempt to ID plants and even when given an ID that I also believe is true I will usually note that it's a name I've assigned to it. Note that my lowes purp is labeled Lowes purp. Hahahahaha :ROFLMAO:
20230407_124746.jpg

Back