What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seeking U. bisquamata 'Betty's Bay'

apoplast

Science nerd at large
Hi TF - I'm hoping there is someone is the States who is growing Utricularia bisquamata 'Betty's Bay', and might be willing to trade for a plug. I love this species, but want can only seem to find small and cleistogamous flowered clones in the States. Please PM me if you if you are growing the true 'Betty's Bay' clone, even if you won't be able to create a division until spring, and we'll figure out a nice swap. Thanks!

I have this cultivar actually, though I'll need to check if there's enough to divide. It's nice being able to enjoy bisquamata flowers without it spreading to every nearby pot like wildfire.

Hi Nimbulan - Cool, let me know! I'll bet it's nice to get to enjoy the blooms without the fear of the seeds getting into absolutely everything. This species has such a nice bloom, and is pretty easygoing in terms cultivation. I just feel as though it needs to be grown more widely. I want to get lots of plugs of it out there into many people's hands.

*Full disclosure: I hope by getting people growing this plant, they will get hooked on cultivating CP. So yes, I do have ulterior motives. :mwahaha:

if nimbulan doesn't have extra I certainly do!

Hi Charlie - Thanks, that's very nice of you. I think I have something set up now, but it's really kind of you to offer!

Back