What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scientology, sensitive topic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Aug. 21 2006,10:57)]how can any one beleive this? Its like a cartoon!
That should probably be our gut response to a lot of religions, but when they stick around for centuries they have a way of dulling our senses as we get used to them.

This religion is fresh and new so the silliness of it is still sharp.

The fact that this one was probably started by someone who didn't actually believe it certainly compounds the silliness.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How a man as intelligent as L. Ron Hubbard was could creat such a mockery as Scientology is beyond me

Oh, that's easy: while the rumor that he created it as part of a bet with another sci-fi author to see who could make $1 million first is untrue, there are multiple, independent sources quoting multiple instances in which Hubbard stated that he intended or desired to make a religion soley as a profit-making business.

Mokele

lol it does sound like the kinda thing someone would create on a bet.........."bet you cant get a million ppl to believe in this BS"..........."watch me! ppl are gulible"

LMAO!

How is Scientology any more absurd than any other religion?  Take Christianity, for example.  Plenty of little kids have a hard time believing their mother had sex.  Christians worship someone who reached adulthood still refusing to accept it.  And they doubt his mother did too!?!

lol, but what IF god is real, then we're screwed!

Bruce..........................................your just no fun, now if you dont have something demeaning to say about this like the rest of us or have something funny to say just leave us be
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

in other words, i cant fault your logic though you have to admit the whole silent birth thing is hilarious, i would love to meet the woman who is tough enough to not make a sound without drugs. if i suggested it to my wife............"now Honey yah cant be screaming, the baby will be tramatized, you cant say a word, and by the way no drugs allowed"..............chances are i would be awakening from the coma a year later wondering WTF happened

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 22 2006,8:31)]lol, but what IF god is real, then we're screwed!
I think we'd be more screwed if he doesn't exist and we make the wrong decisions in the hope that he does.

I'm not a superstitious person, but I think a sizable moth stuck in my ear against my eardrum for an hour and going to the hospital to get it out was a retaliation from nature's own invertebrate community for keeping CP. What a Sunday night/Monday morning that turned out to be. I salute the brave kamikaze moth!
smile_n_32.gif

What's wrong with Scientology? It keeps the sane community entertained!

Making fun of any religion is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. My belief is that this God person is more impressed by actions than by blind adherence to rituals. And pays no more attention to what people do on Sunday morning than to what they do the rest of the week. And, hopefully, has a good sense of humor.

P.T. Barnum once said......
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Aug. 23 2006,5:35)]Making fun of any religion is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel. My belief is that this God person is more impressed by actions than by blind adherence to rituals. And pays no more attention to what people do on Sunday morning than to what they do the rest of the week. And, hopefully, has a good sense of humor.
AMEN!!

I love you guys. I can always count on a good hearty laugh! This has been a riot.
laugh.gif

I am normally pretty respectful of other's religions...to each his own I say. But...scientology falls into another category to me.

Keep it up...this is very entertaining. lol

I am glad to see I am not the only one with the "every religion is a cult" theory! I too believe that that is what started every religion. It was a way for the uneducated people from back in the day who were just learning about the world to explain things. The fact that it has stuck around so long and has been taught to so many people that its ingrained in many people. Now I am not saying Jesus was a bad man or a good man. He more than likely did exist, but not immaculately conceived. Thats my opinion anyway. He may have had a good cause, but just like the guy who created Scientology for profit, the priests who formed Catholicism were out for the same thing. Since Catholics were the first unified Christian church till we had all the others break out. I mean come on you have to pray to the priest so he can pray for your sins? Give me a break what the average man is not good enough to pray to god and ask for forgiveness? I think religion is the worlds best form of mind control because many people are willing to listen to the BS and even die for it. These Scientology nut jobs need to think for themselves and not the people who started that cult. Its all for profit someplace. Every religion, but they get the tax break for being a religion. Just look at some of these pastors and such. Buying two lots on the river to build their half million dollar house and nice cars all paid for by the church. The hard working people who give everything to the church. To heck with all of them. At least the western religions anyway I don't know much about Hindu, Buddhists or other easter religions other than Islam and I admit the only thing about that I know is Kill the infidels. LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Aug. 23 2006,7:35)]Making fun of any religion is as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.  My belief is that this God person is more impressed by actions than by blind adherence to rituals.  And pays no more attention to what people do on Sunday morning than to what they do the rest of the week.  And, hopefully, has a good sense of humor.
On this we agree!

I was going to have a funny story where something really funny happend, and how god has to have a sence of humor because of it. But I for got what happend I just know it was funny and it made me think god rocks

But yea I what Jim said

I understand John Travolta is a member.  He is astoundling wealthy and lives in a community where he can taxi his numerous aircraft right up to his house.

I have always thought of him as an intelligent person and one of the most talented actors in Hollywood.  I wonder where he went wrong and how much he donates to the "religion" each year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Aug. 23 2006,5:48)]I am glad to see I am not the only one with the "every religion is a cult" theory! I too believe that that is what started every religion. It was a way for the uneducated people from back in the day who were just learning about the world to explain things. The fact that it has stuck around so long and has been taught to so many people that its ingrained in many people. Now I am not saying Jesus was a bad man or a good man. He more than likely did exist, but not immaculately conceived. Thats my opinion anyway. He may have had a good cause, but just like the guy who created Scientology for profit, the priests who formed Catholicism were out for the same thing. Since Catholics were the first unified Christian church till we had all the others break out. I mean come on you have to pray to the priest so he can pray for your sins? Give me a break what the average man is not good enough to pray to god and ask for forgiveness? I think religion is the worlds best form of mind control because many people are willing to listen to the BS and even die for it. These Scientology nut jobs need to think for themselves and not the people who started that cult. Its all for profit someplace. Every religion, but they get the tax break for being a religion. Just look at some of these pastors and such. Buying two lots on the river to build their half million dollar house and nice cars all paid for by the church. The hard working people who give everything to the church. To heck with all of them. At least the western religions anyway I don't know much about Hindu, Buddhists or other easter religions other than Islam and I admit the only thing about that I know is Kill the infidels. LOL
I could not agree more. Excellent post.

Back