What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sauromatum venosum & amorphophallus konjac bulbs

Hey folks , last season my plants grew so well that they made numerous extra bulbs so I want to trade them for a cp or anything unusual . These bulbs are about the size of a nickel - quarter and will grow real fast . To find more Info about these plants go do a search on www.google.com and look at the pics too , these will be huge plants . The plants have huge stinky flowers and will flower within a few years , very easy to care for . I have 6 bulbs of the Sauromatum venosum and about 5 bulbs of the Amorphophallus konjac . Post or pm me what you have to offer .

HI, i'm interested in one of each, but I can't find much info on potting mixes for the plant or general conditions. I have peet, sphagnum moss, and vermiculite. Would some mixture of those work? Will they grow in South Florida? Or can you direct me to a really good informational page on these things?

I can trade you a rooted cutting of N. mirabilis 'winged' if you don't mind waiting about a month or so for it to get a little bigger.

I will also have VFT seeds soon and D. filliformis var. tracyi seeds a little later as well if you prefer.

Jonathan

Ok then , An easy potting mix to use on both of them is 50/50 peat and perlite . No water tray or pure sphagnum moss . They can grow very well in south Florida due to the high humidity . You can go to www.aroid.org for more info on the plants . I'd be very interested in the nep cutting and could wait for them because these bulbs are starting to grow . I might end up giving them away for shipping cuz there grow fast !

Hi, I will PM you

Jonathan

Back