What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia 'Tygo'

Hi guys. I went to a garden fair today and came across a shelf of Sarracenias and I took one home. It's labeled Sarracenia 'Tygo' which I have never heard of before and I am having a hard time finding any information about it. Are there anyone who knows this plant? I would like to know how to properly take care of it.

Hi CarnivorSaga
The single quotation marks indicate a cultivar status. However there is no cultivar registered with ICPS under that name, although there are a number of sellers, selling it as CV 'Tygo' non that I can see list its parents. It looks to be a flava ornata hybrid from the pictures I have seen.
You will need to contact the seller for better or full information of it s parentage, you could post a picture of yours for some idea of what is in it, which may determine some particular care requirements, although if it is a flava hybrid, no special care is required.
As far as looking after it goes, treat it as any other Sarracenia, they all tend to like similar things, only the winter treatment and whether the pitchers need water in or not vary to any great extent.
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Back