What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad Day....

RamPuppy

My Blood Red e. quadricolor anemone decided to go for a stroll last night, right down the throat of a korallia pump.

now, this took some effort, and is akin to a suicide wish... i had put craft plastic all around the 'intakes' of the koralia, but he decided to walk right up the out-current hole, and once he got into the impeller well... ughhh.

i will either end up w/ no anemone whatsoever (most likely) or i will have a few very tiny mouths to feed in the near future.

either way.. such a sad day, then end of the most beautiful anemone i have ever seen.

here is a picture of another clone (picture is not so great) (spawned off the mother colony at the same time)
invrose6.jpg

I'm very sorry. I've never seen a BTA like that before.

My condolences! How is the tank doing? I mean, did it cloud up the tank and have a chain reaction?

Awww, poor thing :(.

That's like having a Sea Apple get caught in a filter - and dying! Yiiicccchh!

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Sorry about your suicidal anemone; but, I dont really understand how it would be able get chopped up from the outward current valve ?? Did it fight its way through the strong turbulence and then force its way into the impeller? I see this happening through the intake but not the out :scratch: Maybe Im reading it wrong or maybe you have Hulk of the anemone world

Guy's you aren't likely to get an answer. This topic is more than a year old and RamPuppy hasn't been on since Feb. 16, of this year.

Back