What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava atropurpurea hybrid x flava rubricorpora

• Thread starter DJ57
  • Start date

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
An interesting tray full of older seedlings from a cross between S. flava atropurpurea hybrid and flava rubricorpora. Some start off rubricorpora-like then morph to atropurpruea-like later in the season under full sun. The S. atropurpurea parent looks like an atropurpurea except it produces orange flowers, hence its hybrid status.

35618178044_52de0e69c4_z.jpg
[/url]Tray of atropurp hybrid x rubricorpora by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]

Shots of individuals from this tray. The photos of the dark ones do not justify how dark they really are.

35618177444_d03ec52bfa_z.jpg
[/url]atropurp hybrid x rubricorpora by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]
35618176504_53b8febd50_z.jpg
[/url]atropurp hybrid x rubricorpora 2 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]
35618175684_bbd957dd36_z.jpg
[/url]atropurp hybrid x rubricorpora 4 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]
35618174614_965651d15e_z.jpg
[/url]atropurp hybrid x rubricorpora 3 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]

No, it did not rain here and we are still in a drought with incessant inferno temps. The photos were taken shortly after my daily evening spray-down of my sarrs during this unusual heat wave. I don’t know of spaying them down has any benefit, but is certainly a good excuse to cool myself down in the process :p

Sooo many pretty babies!!! How old are these?

Sooo many pretty babies!!! How old are these?

Thank you. The photo does not do justice to the dark one in the fourth pic, it is much darker in person. A person from Southern Oregon started them from seed and gave them to me a couple years ago so not entirely sure, but the tag says 2013 so I am assuming they are around 4 years old. If flower stalks appear next year that would be about right. They were set back a bit the first season in my care going from "inside-under-lights" conditions to my outside "sink-or-swim" conditions. Believe it or not these were actually the culls of this seedling batch and that is how I ended up with them, they did not look this nice at that time.

Great coloration on these!

Back