What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So late last year and into early this year I gave away hundreds if not thousands of hybrid Nepenthes seeds from hybrids that I was able to make because of pollen donated from both this community and a few others. The "donated by" refers to who gave me the pollen that made the crosses possible. Specifically I was able to make:
'Rokko' x (thorelii x aristolochioides)(donated by Whimgrinder)
'Rokko' x truncata (donated by JeremiahH)
'Rokko' x veitchii (lowland pink form) (donated by BobH)
'Rokko x ventricosa Red (donated by HCarlton)
'Rokko' x mirabilis var. globosa (donated by M. Wilder)
'Rokko' x (lowii x (veitchii x boschiana)) (donated by Whimgrinder)
'Rokko' x possible x Tiveyi (donated by Whimgrinder)
'Rokko x possible (ramispina x tobaica) (donated by Whimgrinder)

If you have germination on any of these crosses please post photos. Many of my plants have gotten quite large over the past couple months and I'm curious what others experiences have been. I had germination on all but the last three crosses listed which I gave all the seeds away to others (kind of regretting not keeping even a few now). Anyway, here are a few photos of the plants I've kept. Sorry for the low quality cell phone pics I'll get better ones eventually.

N. x 'Rokko' x (thorelii x aristolochioides) by mcmcnair, on Flickr
N. x 'Rokko' x (thorelii x aristolochioides) by mcmcnair, on Flickr
N. x 'Rokko' x truncata or N. x 'Rokko' x ventricosa Red by mcmcnair, on Flickr
N. x 'Rokko' x truncata or N. x 'Rokko' x ventricosa Red by mcmcnair, on Flickr

The tags on the last two photos fell out and I'm unsure to its identity aside from I know it is either N. x 'Rokko' x truncata or N. x 'Rokko' x ventricosa Red

Let's see all your seedlings!

I'll have photos up soon of 'Rokko' x (thorelii x aristo), though my x ventricosa seedlings are being painfully slow at the moment and not yet ready to photograph.

Very nice hcarlton! I know others have seedlings, anyone else care to share?

Back