What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

restart to the hobby

20140616_091541_zps1aa8d22e.jpg~320x480
Couple years ago I started with some easy hybrids and then moved, which unfortunately was a death sentence. So it recently I decided it was time to get back into it and this is what I want with they just came in a couple days ago and looking forward to new challenges... n. Robcantleyi, n. Talengensis, n. Chaniana
20140614_123818_zps82e049b8.jpg~320x480
20140616_091548_zpsf8635727.jpg~320x480

You have an easy, medium, and hard Nepenthes here. N. talangensis is a relatively hard plant to grow, and is very hard to get to pitcher. Temperature should drop into the high 50*f range, with high humidity. N. robcantleyi is easier, but very slow growing, and makes annoying 'little lid' pitchers unless it likes its conditions. It will need conditions similar to N. talangensis. I don't have much experience with N. chaniana, but it is a Bornean intermediate that should be as easy to grow as N. maxima. Of these plants, it might be the only viable windowsill candidate

Last edited:
Bio thanks for the reply. I knew the Talengensis was going to be a tough one. My last pitcher plants were all easy hybrids so I was hoping for a bit of a challenge. Hopefully I didn't bite off more than I can chew. I really am quite excited for all three of these plants as they are definitely favorites of mine.

Back