What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting tips

Hey there,

Any advice for a newbie to Cephalotus on the best time to repot and the best potting medium?

Thank you in advance!

Joe

I would repot anytime from now to mid-February. My preferred mix is one part peat to two parts horticulturural silica based sand.

I repot all year. Never had a problem

Keep as much media around the roots as you can and try to not to break/disturb any roots! My ceph tends to be pretty sulky if its roots get messed with.

Much depends on the state of the plant prior to repotting and one's growing conditions. I repot throughout the year, with or without the old media intact, and they don't seem to notice the change. Some times they reward me with a growth spurt, especially if the plant is overly compacted.

Joe,
If you haven't seen this site, it's worth a look - lots of good Ceph info.

I just prepare a bugger pot, with a depression, to accommodate the entire contents of the 'plug'. Add water from above. That's it.

Back