What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

re-potting Mexican Ping

• Thread starter Sage269
  • Start date
This is my first Ping, and it arrived bare root back in early October. I believe that this is still carnivorous leaves, please correct me if I am incorrect. The question is when should I re-pot this plant? Does it have enough room in the current pot? How much space does it need?

Thanks all.

Attachments

• 20211202_113104.jpg
    20211202_113104.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 17
I don't have as much experience with pings as many others here, but I think I can field this question.
In general, pings don't have much of a root system. They don't really become root bound, but they can outgrow their pots when they are dividing out over the edges. While your ping looks plenty happy, I think you have quite a bit before it runs out of real estate in that pot!

I agree with Vbkid. (y) Good growing!

Bonjour

let her spend the winter like that.
in the spring you can change the pot.

do you know what the species is ?

The people that I got it from had it labeled as "Pinguicula emarginata x ‘Libelulita’ "

it is therefore a hybrid .
what substrate, peat/ sand ?

I see a flower , may be you have a face picture .

sorry about the picture, that flower is fading and another will be out in a day or two. Substrate is peat and perlite. Purchased from California carnivores.
Pinguicula 'Libelulita' Hort. Rice & Salviasouthern MexicoSquare-tipped petals, pale purple at edges darkening to deep velvet-red near base, heavily veined, white center.

Attachments

• 20211205_090844.jpg
    20211205_090844.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 12
ok

for my part I would always leave it in its pot, even if the leaves touch the edges

Flower just popped today,

Attachments

• 20211206_125405.jpg
    20211206_125405.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 8
Back