What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-introducing myself, after a long time inactive on the forum.

Hello folks. My name's John. I've been a member of this forum since 2007, although the past few years I've been fairly inactive.
I figured a re-introduction was in order because I've changed so much as a person from when I first joined, and no doubt there are new members to the community. Back in 2007 I was in the eighth grade, just about to enter high school. I had no job, no car, and I still had some growing up to do. Looking back I made a lot of dumb posts and asked a lot of foolish questions.
As of now, I have a car, I have a job, and I'm engaged to a girl I first met in high-school in my horticulture class. Our love of plants, among other things, helps bind us together. We live together in small city, population 1800, plus or minus a few. When I first joined the forum, I lived in Salem, population 157,000+
Let me tell you about my work. I make compost. Every week my job-site takes in takes in 600 or so tons of yard-debris. My coworkers and I water the crap out of it and move it around with big machines, then screen it with a trommel to take out sticks, stumps, and stones. When I first started this job I didn't know how to operate any heavy machinery. Through work I've learned to operate excavator, tub-grinder, front-loader, box truck, and more. I'm lucky enough to work at a place that is close to my heart. To make a long story short, I lived where I currently work for, 5 years as a kid. Anyways, I'm making it a goal to be on the forum more often, so that I can re-connect with the community.

Now for some photos! :D

Here's a photo of me at work. I pride myself in being hairy!
1014327_4102971708580_4187182436233828829_n.jpg

Here's one of the machines I operate. I load semi-trucks with this regularly.
1510609_4085498711766_5492099294191765671_n.jpg

Last but not least, here is my fiance. = )
10003391_4023454880709_448600727_n.jpg

Welcome back to Terraforums! Nice pictures!

Back