What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question - VFT

Hi all,

For some time I made the mistake of growing my VFT (typical) in a terrarium where it was too far from the light sources. As a result, almost all of the leaves/traps wilted and died.

Is it possible that at this stage the plant went into dormancy, as a result of the lack of light?

About 2 months ago I took it out of the terrarium and moved it to a window where it gets several hours of sunlight, so now it looks much better, as seen in the following pic:

IMG_2627.jpg

Shimi

That plant doesn't look dormant to me. It simply looks like a small, healthy VFT.

Thanks for replying.

I realize that it's not dormant now, but what I'm wondering is whether it may have entered dormancy as a result of the lack of light in the terrarium (which was until 2 months ago when I took it out).

If it did go dormant so recently, does it make sense to put it outside during the winter (so it will go dormant again)?

I doubt that lack of light in the terrarium caused it to go dormant. I'd say that if you want to give it dormancy, you can probably go ahead and stick it outside.

Back