What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for internet shop owners

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
An organization that I am a part of is considering adding an online shopping cart to its website to sell event tickets. They also cry that they don't have enough money to give us a raise that isn't insulting so I am curious to know what one should expect to pay to add a shopping cart to their webpage. Can anyone shed some light on this? They have a proposed amount in the budget but I'd like to know if they are over estimating or not.

Thanks

Several years ago, I was on the board of a nonprofit that was thinking of doing the same. But it would have required a different web account, since we had a discounted rate available only to nonprofits and including a prohibition against web-based sales. Enough of us were worried we'd spend more in monthly fees than we'd recover by the hypothetical sales and we didn't do it. I moved on to other things, but I just checked and they still don't sell on-line. With all the movers and shakers involved there, I'm sure the idea gets tossed around now and then, but they must keep making the same decision we did years ago. By the way, we were looking to sell merchandise, not tickets. Check websites of similar organizations you know of and see if they sell online.

That looks great! I passed it along and we'll see what they say. Thanks!

ilbasso,

i think the last company i worked at used verisign for shopping cart and payment system. i could be totally wrong but i believe they have a package thats like ~$250/year. its been a while....

~b

Ive allways wanted to start an Online Buisness, soo once I get a little settled, I will probably end u starting an Online store.

Back