What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Darlingtonia californica

SO, I recently repotted this plant. Did i left too much of the plant outside? The part in question is where it's red. It wasn't red before and I think it might be sunburnt. Should I plant it deeper into the pot?

IMG_0208_zpsiu1ewuc8.jpg

At this point it doesn't really matter. The plant is more or less dormant and those pitcher bases are toast anyway. If it bothers you wrap it with some long fiber sphagnum or paper or mound up the substrate. Darlingtonia only tolerate so much root disturbance before they get set back in their growth, so the less the better.

Last edited:
one more question, does it hurt the plant if i don't cover the toasted part up? I mean i really don't care about aesthetics.

iivdqb.jpg

Last edited:
Where is last season's growth? Those two remaining pitchers look like they're a couple of years old?

SWEEEET i was hoping Sir fredg would respond. I bought this in September and it came with three pitchers, so i am not sure how old this are. But there hasn't been any new growth since it arrived.

Not had it that long then. Remember the tallest pitchers will be the first of the new season. Give it some tlc and we hope it takes off for you.

tender loving care

lol, i thought TLC was a new form of fertilizer or something. Well when I repotted this plant, I saw some really big and white new growth emerging. I"m really optimistic. Just hope the burnt part doesn't affect the plant......

Last edited:
Back