What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presto!

• Thread starter Presto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft

Presto

wicked good plants!
Staff member
my name is Emily.  I'm a senior at the University of RI, majoring in biology and minoring in art and spanish.  Hopefully I'll be going on to grad school to study entomology.

I got my first VFT at a hardware store last summer, and I've been hooked on CPs ever since.  I work two jobs, both as "database girl".  Last summer they actually let me out of the lab to do some fieldwork, and I helped catch dragonfly and damselfly specimens in New York City.  So, my VFT's first meal was a damselfly, because that's what I know how to catch.

besides growing plants, I like playing ultimate frisbee, knitting, listening to music, and drawing.

here's a nice picture my sister took of me:

2005_0728Image0020.jpg

Very nice to "meet" you. Hope these forums are as helpful to you as they have been to me!!! Siblings do tend to catch you at your best moments, don't they.

A belated welcome,

Zac

Nice Pic, Emily! Such grace! Such BEAUTY! A vision of loveliness! And welcome to the CP Nuthouse! Good place for CP growing, photogenic people like ourselves!!!!!!

LOL! Very flattering pose! While you were in NYC, did you happen to try real pizza?

Some pictures say a lot more than a thousand words.  Welcome aboard!
KPG

Emily, I don't know how to break this to you. I can't think of a nice way to say it
icon12.gif
, so I'll just give it to you straight.

You're gonna fit right in with the rest of us
smile_n_32.gif

Welcome.

BCK said it best.
smile_n_32.gif

Back