What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre fed plants?

• Thread starter thbjr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
I got my load of 14 VFT's from Andrew today. They arrived in excelant condition except for one thing, all but a couple of the traps were closed. Dozens and dozens of traps, all closed. One of the closed traps had been snapped of it's leaf (petole?) during shipping, so I decided to pry it open and sure enough there was a partially digested fly in it.
Now Andrew, you have beautiful plants, very fair prices and excelant service, but pre feeding the plants before you ship them,... well that's just to much. And how do you get a fly to go into each trap? Do you put each plant into a cage full of flys? I know you don't want the sweet little things to get hungry during the trip to their new home, but really.....

Just kidding :jester: :-)) (about the pre feeding)

Thanks Andrew, they look great!!!!!

Andrews reply: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor:

I heard Andrew's wife complaining the other day that he doesn't take out the trash as often as he should...

xvart.

hahaha my dentate didn't come pre fed.

actually theres an easy to feed bugs to ypur plants. just put them in a container and throw them in the fridge for 30 mins or freezer for a min at the most! then drop them in the trap. works for any bug.

Wow a couple were still open! Amazing! lol And you're welcome for the food... that's free! Good luck on your school project thing... I'm glad I could help, even if just a little... ;)
Andrew

(you were totally off on your guess of my reply huh? :p )

I heard Andrew's wife complaining the other day that he doesn't take out the trash as often as he should...

xvart.

LOL! :]

Back