What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pothos disease?

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
I just noticed this on my Pothos and was wondering what it could be...more importantly I'm worried that whatever it is will infect my CP's as the Pothos is located on the shelf above them.

I have slacked a bit on watering so my guess is that it what triggered it...otherwise the new leaves still seem healthy. Old ones are wilting but not sure if it's just normal or brought on by whatever this is...thanks in advance!

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

Those look to be mealy bugs, so since it's near your CP's I'd move it far away

Looks like one of my least favorite things in the world, mealy bugs.

Yay...just found it on my S. rubra. :censor:

What's the recommended course of action?

Rubbing alcohol for about a month on the fuzzy turds. You have to keep up a lot of pressure on them, otherwise it's game over. I'd repot the S. rubra and sterilize the roots, they will destroy them.

Pothos is easily replaced; just throw it out and watch the rest of your plants closely.

I'd agree -- a mealie infestation.

Also Paul's correct, unless this plant has some sentimental value, pitch it.

Meh...a $5 plant from Walmart isn't worth it...consider it gone.

Is it worth isolating the rubra? How should I go about sterilizing the roots?

Lastly, are Drosera susceptible?

Definitely isolate the rubra. Can Sarracenia be treated with rubbing alcohol in the root area? I'd give it a dip in the stuff if they can tolerate it. Drosera might be potential hosts.

Back