What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possum

• Thread starter fischerCP
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fischerCP @ Dec. 21 2006,8:21)]I lossoed its head and poled it out and put hem in to the trash can.
dude.
rock.gif

english, please?

my first thought was the possibility of them being a carrier of disease. although "cute", i'm a little skiddish about the thought of keeping any wild animals as a pet. i think it's cruel in some cases, and in others i don't know enough about the animal or never thought about it. personal safety issues are a factor too, such as disease and/or potential injuries. also, sanitation issues.

glad you got it out of your home, fischer. and you even got some good pictures.

He threw a lasso around it's head, pulled it out, and put it in the trash can.

I have read that when they pass out, they can release a very foul odor so that they appear dead to avoid predators.

Brian

Yeah, that happens to my dad at Thanksgiving, too.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 23 2006,7:00)]Yeah, that happens to my dad at Thanksgiving, too.

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Oh man, I hope your dad doesn't see that. You'll never hear the end of it. lol

This was last night. Not sure why I am attracting so many possums. May from my dirty neighbors.

122606poossum2.jpg

122606possum3.jpg

122606possum4.jpg

122606possum5.jpg

122606possum6.jpg

They are MOST ugly from behind. The one I saw on my deck had its back facing me...at first I thought I was looking at the decapitated head of a balding man.
confused1.gif

If you put salt on any tail of a wild animal it becomes tame. It will be your buddy for life...that is what my sister told me when I was young.
wink.gif.gif

I heard if you put salt on the tail of a bird it can't fly.
wink.gif.gif

I wonder if I put salt on Ollie's tail if he couldn't climb on my furniture.
biggrin.gif

Possums are cute and scary at the same time. Scary is when you're walking around at night and one snarls at you. My dad somehow trapped a momma possum with a bunch of babies on her back. I snagged a baby to keep as a pet. We let momma and the rest go. The baby was cute, slept too much and was very shy. It got out, I went to grab it and the son of a gun bit me. Man they have HUGE mouths with Lots of teeth
oh.gif
It was too hard to keep him/her so we let it go. It was fun while it lasted.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 28 2006,3:14)]I wonder if I put salt on Ollie's tail if he couldn't climb on my furniture.  
biggrin.gif
That would turn Ollie wild. Watch out!
laugh.gif
Then you would need to have the Dog Whisper come over and fix poor Ollie.
wink.gif.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wonder if I put salt on Ollie's tail if he couldn't climb on my furniture.
biggrin.gif

I'm sure 20, 30, 40 pounds would do juuuust the trick.
tounge.gif
Not only will he not be jumping on furniture, but he'll stay put. And if it's time for walkies, then just take the big of salt off. It's brilliant!
wink.gif.gif

LOL Good idea! Hey Ollie! Got a little something fer ya...

biggrin.gif

Back