What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

possum

• Thread starter fischerCP
  • Start date
here is a possum story.

This 4AM
looking.jpg

under the bath tub
DSC_0002.jpg

No harm done
DSC_0003.jpg

Did not want to get out of the trash can
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

And off in to the sunset.
nana.gif

DSC_0009-1.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! It's ADORABLE!

I want one ^_^

I know oppossum it the correct spelling, but why.

l love marsupials! Did you remove it rom under the tub? How? Details please!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 21 2006,8:12)]AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! It's ADORABLE!

I want one ^_^
It looks like you already have your hands full with that pig.

Halie and I don't speak anymore.

laugh.gif

I think that it has something to do with a foreign translation.

I lossoed its head and poled it out and put hem in to the trash can.

aren't they really mean?

we had one really big one that kept on eating our chickens. So my dad shot it.
sad.gif

Awww it's so cute! I'm glad he/she is ok and is back with it's family
smile.gif

Cute opposum, my french teacher has two of them that she rescued from there dead mom. She brings them in all the time and they dont seem to be mean, they just like to show there teeth somtimes.

that doesn't sound all that bad............now i want one
sad.gif

lol they are nice if you raise them from babys! just like ferrets and coon's, coons make great pets! my mom had one... It was happy and funny, it got ran over by a truck...

the end..
rock.gif

now i want one of those too!
cry.gif

Is it weird that the first thing I noticed out of all of the pictures was the pair of feet? Are they attached to a person?

Est =
crazy.gif

Opposms can be bears, but they are all bark and no bite.

Contrary to popular believe Opposums CANNOT have rabies.  Their body temp is too low to support the virus.  One of their defense mechanisms is to foam at the mouth though.  Although that is just to make other animals think it has rabies.  It really doesn't.  It will hiss and make noise too.  Its last line of defense is to pass out.  It is uncontrolable too.  The animal if freaked out enough will just passout cold.  My Bio teacher loves them and one of her ex students resues them to return to the wild.  So we had a day presentation on them in class.  Also the average lifespan of an opposm is only about 2 years. 4 in captivity if they are given the propper diet.  They are bad about getting metobolic bone disease if they do not get the propper diet.  So unless you do research on them do not try to keep a baby.  You could end up killing it early from an inproper diet.

And no opposms do not hang upside down by their tails to sleep either.  That is another myth. There tails do not act like a monkeys tail.

During the presentaion we were able to hold some opposm babies that didn't have there eyes open yet.  They are really cute with wirery hair like rats sometimes have.

They love grapes too.  Atleast the adult that was at school loved them.  That is how she kept his attention.

That second picture sure looks scary. Good little story though!
smile.gif

You all are going to think me crazy but I have a great idea for a research project. I would like to see a case study on whether the "drop" response in opposums is being selected against in urban populations putting evolutionary pressure toward an opposum that no longer "passes out" when it sees a car.

Its a possum to me. Nobody around here ever says the "O". That's unheard of.

I've had them before...seen them on my deck. A really BIG one too. And yes they hiss and bare their teeth. I think they are rather gross. I'm trying to figure out if the two raccoons are still in my attic.
sad.gif

That's a nice pictorial story though. Thanks for sharing the misadventure.
smile.gif

Back