What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pollinating Byblis liniflora

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Those who have grwon them to flower and produce seed, when you hand pollinate them, do you need two separate plants or would 2 flowers from the same stalk work or can you use the same flower to bring the gametes together?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ May 23 2006,7:57)]Those who have grwon them to flower and produce seed, when you hand pollinate them, do you need two separate plants or would 2 flowers from the same stalk work or can you use the same flower to bring the gametes together?
B.liniflora pollination

Pollen onto the stigma of the same flower. I use a toothpick to poke at the anthers gently and the pollen will fall onto the stigma.

If you miss the open flower, roll the closed flower gently between your fingers. It helps to further pollinate it and you'll get more seeds!
cool.gif

Thanks, Dewy & Cindy! At the moment I don't have ANY Byblis seeds or plants, but it was on my mind for future reference.

Back