What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please compare my bical

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Hi, I got a bical back about late winter. Anyway I have been looking at it to often and I don't see much change other then the newest leave. I just wondering what you think of the before and after pics. Pretty much I am looking for how healthy it was before vs. now. Also how long should it be before I can make a baby teeth thread? lol

before:

103_0002.jpg

103_0003.jpg

103_0004.jpg

After:

plants072.jpg

plants071.jpg

plants070.jpg

plants067.jpg

plants060.jpg

plants059.jpg

plants057.jpg

plants055.jpg

plants054.jpg

plants053.jpg

Wow, it looks a lot better! Now, I've no experience in bicals, but my guess would be it won't take long before you see "fangs"

It looks much better. The pot looks a little small for bical/may need to repot soon. N. bical. prefers to be overpotted if anything. Need to step it up to an 8" or 10" pot or you'll be repotting every 6 months. I got a seedling red x orange bical a little over a year ago about that size. I started it in a 8" pot and already needs a repot as plant is now 32" leaf tip to tip and root bound. Wish I had put it in a 14" pot now lol. Also be very careful with the roots when repotting as bical can be very touchy.

it isn't as small as it looks, besides neps will grow roots down if they have the space as well. I don't think it needs to be repotted this instant, at least it can wait for my lowland grow rack to be finished right?

the newest leaf looks healthy. Just patience. Yeah, you could wait, but the sooner the better! :)

Back