What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PLant of the Month - Rules & Misc Discussion

I really wish that 6 month of ownership rule wasnt a thing, the only thing I have that qualifies is seedlings and a ventricosa :c

Edit: do plants grown from cuttings qualify?

Last edited:
I really wish that 6 month of ownership rule wasnt a thing, the only thing I have that qualifies is seedlings and a ventricosa :c

Edit: do plants grown from cuttings qualify?

If you have been growing the plant for at least 6 months, then yes - it qualifies :)
The 6-month rule applies for a reason, you know. The idea here is that this activity is intended to display the skill of the grower, not just the coolness factor of the plant. If you haven't been growing it for at least 6 months, then you aren't illustrating your skills, but those of the person who had it before you ;-)

Yeah I get why the rules in place. I dont really have anything that would compete anyways, I just like to participate in the community as much as I can.

Actually Paul I think I might be mildly challenged or something, I got all of my plants last fall/early winter and its currently June now, which is already 6 months into the new year. ALL of my plants qualify. Huh. I had no idea I had been growing these for so long :0o:

Yeah I get why the rules in place. I dont really have anything that would compete anyways, I just like to participate in the community as much as I can.

And on that note, the other content to have to offer - like your personal documentary photo thread - is infinitely more valuable than what the POTM has to offer ;-)

Actually Paul I think I might be mildly challenged or something, I got all of my plants last fall/early winter and its currently June now, which is already 6 months into the new year. ALL of my plants qualify. Huh. I had no idea I had been growing these for so long :0o:

He he life moves pretty fast ,if you don't stop and look around you might miss it:)

Also I believe the rule is "owned for six months+ or started from seed or cuttings".

Back