What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (To Buy) Pitcher seeds

• Thread starter Allenw88
  • Start date
Looking to buy some pitcher seeds so that I can get them started. That way when spring here in Colorado reaches me, I can get them outside to start acclimating to the sunlight and days here.

Thanks for any help out there

Hey @spdskr get any seeds this year to get rid of? :)

I assume this is referencing Sarracenia, and not any of the other pitcher plants there are; around here any growth that might be had by the time spring has arrived still won't be particularly big enough to really take the heat and dry we have. Start some now, grow them inside for at least a full year to the point that they have a rhizome half an inch or more long/thick, then they do better outside.
If you're willing to work with conditions like that, I have a long list of Sarracenia seeds right now.

I assume this is referencing Sarracenia, and not any of the other pitcher plants there are; around here any growth that might be had by the time spring has arrived still won't be particularly big enough to really take the heat and dry we have. Start some now, grow them inside for at least a full year to the point that they have a rhizome half an inch or more long/thick, then they do better outside.
If you're willing to work with conditions like that, I have a long list of Sarracenia seeds right now.
I had some sarracenias. I had them outside with my VFT and the wind we have here took them right out of the little pot and blew them somewhere. Lol. Kinda irritated me. So that’s why I’m looking to start some from seed. I do have a terrarium with grow lights and humidifier But yeah, I’d be interested in starting some from seeds and going that route if need be. I’m still fairly new so still learning the different species of the plants. The ones I had were kinda low laying, close to the ground, kinda purple. In the picture below. But I could try something different. 0AD79E0A-4EF4-43C0-B67F-A03266C89212.jpeg

Fair chance it wasn't necessarily wind that blew them out, unless the soil was really loose inside the pot. Squirrels and birds will steal small plants during nesting season.
If you're interested in the seeds, send a PM, I can provide a list/pics.

Fair chance it wasn't necessarily wind that blew them out, unless the soil was really loose inside the pot. Squirrels and birds will steal small plants during nesting season.
If you're interested in the seeds, send a PM, I can provide a list/pics.
Yeah the soil was pretty loose. It was super windy at the house and by the time I remembered and got outside they were gone. Trash can were blown over. It was a mess. Lol

Back