What's new
TerraForums - Carnivorous Plant Community

Welcome to TerraForums — a long-running carnivorous plant community established in 2001. Register for free to join the conversation, ask questions, and connect with growers from around the world.

Ebay (Not Mine) Pitcher Plants of the Old World Vol 1 & 2 - Stewart McPherson

Yes - they are rare. Are they worth the price? 'Depends on you. You might look around and see if there are other copies available to see what they are priced at.
 
That price is a bit outlandish IMO. They aren't in print anymore so have become a collector's item which does drive price up...but as soon as you start exceeding $3-400 a book it's getting pricey. $950 a piece is up there.
 
I still have several of Stewarts books.
I did sell off the 2 nepenthes books a few years ago.

I met him years ago attending a ICPS meeting in Maryland.
Just look it up.... 20 years ago...

1790956574048.png
 
If you do some research you can get the books from used stores as they are out of print it appears. I found Volume 2 for $214 on Abe's. Pitcher Plants of the Old World Volume Two - Stewart McPherson: 9780955891830 - AbeBooks

As far as price it all depends on your requirements for the books. I recently purchased the 3 Volume Set of Drosera of the World from Redfern Natural History. Some might call the purchase expensive others (like me) just part of being a collector of a specific species. That's what I tell myself anyway.
 
Back
Top