What's new
Early last spring ( 2015) I was ordering a couple of hard to find Darlingtonia ( If they are actually as described) and I decided to add Pinguicula vulgaris seed to the order as I hadn't grown the species for many years. Nothing at all happened in the pot last year except for the customary sprouting of non-carnivorous bog greenery. The same result this spring and I needed the room the pot was taking up so it was going to be discarded on the garden. A quick check before the ol' heave ho and there were these mini-pings waving at me.
This goes to prove once again that once a pot is designated devoid of meaningful life a moratorium should be declared for a period of about 4 years.

26755259260_9aa597a403_o.jpg

Last edited:

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
Supporter
Haha, happens to me often with seemingly "dead" pots. Always look under the non-cp greenery before dumping "empty" pots.

Very nice horde of P. vulgaris indeed :hail:

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
This goes to prove once again that once a pot is designated devoid of meaningful life a moratorium should be declared for a period of about 4 years.

This is a good illustration of what can happen when you're looking the other way. I sometimes wonder how many pots of soil I have discarded that would've yielded treasures, with lots of time.

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Glad you caught sight of them. Would have been a shame to have unknowingly killed them off.

Wish I had a place to put pots of old soil; it does make you wonder what might sprout if you let it sit forever....
Hoping I get some luck with the vulgaris seeds I have, thus far the D. linearis I got with them has yielded one surviving seedling so gives me hope that they're viable...

Bonjour

are you sure, whether P. vulgaris f vulgaris seeding not others species like P.grandiflora subsp grandiflora ?

vulgaris seeding

semis-vulgaris.JPG

vulgaris f vulgaris ( in foreground)

vulgaris.JPG

jeff

Last edited:
Comme je l'ai dit, j'orderd Pinguicula vulgaris. A la taille de ces plants sont je l'ai fait bien les voir.Il est pas si facile d'identifier les espèces de taches vertes.