What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Pimpin' out a nepenthes

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
My nepenthes Bill Bailey is flowering, and I had no idea that they were female until today. That leaves me in an odd predicament in that of the four flowering aged nepenthes that I have, the only one that is male is the Miranda, which doesn't seem to be viable. All of these years I fought that a female nepenthes was a luxury, and here that's all I have!

So if anybody is going to have some pollen in the coming weeks, I cannot guarantee any success but I would love to give breeding this thing a chance.

I have some N. thorelii x hamata in bloom right now and some N. thorelii x aristo. stored as well if any of those interest you?

I have some N. thorelii x hamata in bloom right now and some N. thorelii x aristo. stored as well if any of those interest you?
I'm up for trying anything.

I have N. x splendiana x mixta and "Gentle" (mixta-type) pollen available.

My N. (ventricosa xx tiveyi) x truncata is blooming now. Not sure how far along your female flowers are, but I should have pollen ready in a week or two.

Never mind, looks like my flowers are female too.

Last edited:
I have a few male flowers of (globosa 'Klom' x globosa B11) x ([thorellii x raff] x raff); flowers are open already, but anthers haven't "popped" yet; should probably start in the next day or two. Want some? Would like to get some seeds if they form for you, but not absolutely necessary. If you're interested, please E-MAIL me your details (address/etc.) to: PT@PhilipT.com Aloha, -pt
P.S. - pic is from a few days ago

Attachments

• 20220701_022099.jpg
    20220701_022099.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 18
I have a few male flowers of (globosa 'Klom' x globosa B11) x ([thorellii x raff] x raff); flowers are open already, but anthers haven't "popped" yet; should probably start in the next day or two. Want some? Would like to get some seeds if they form for you, but not absolutely necessary. If you're interested, please E-MAIL me your details (address/etc.) to: PT@PhilipT.com Aloha, -pt
P.S. - pic is from a few days ago
Whoa! Those are really small to be flowering! Forgive me for my ignorance but is that common thing to have flowers at that size?

Whoa! Those are really small to be flowering! Forgive me for my ignorance but is that common thing to have flowers at that size?
It's my first flowering Nep... but, according to what I've read, yes, it's way early for that plant to bloom. I just bought it in the past several months (maybe in June, but that seems to recent; but DEFINITELY not before 11/2021); from what I figure, it can't possibly be older than 3 years from seed. I've got one more that's blooming/one more in bud that are about the same age, but much larger plants (although it might be just the genetics of the plants that the others are larger). Who knows? I'm just learning about all this stuff!

With that said, I do have one female just now starting to open blooms, so IF ANYONE HAS ANY POLLEN (any species/hybrid would be okay), I sure would love to receive some (and will send seeds to the donor if any form)! Contact me via e-mail (PT@PhilipT.com) if anyone has pollen.....

Aloha,
PT@PhilipT.com

Back