What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of VFTs

• Thread starter Ulzar
  • Start date
The title pretty much sums it up. Anybody got any cool pics of VFTs? if so, show me.

Ulzar, here's one pic for now, I'll post more when I get home.
vft2.jpg

I will as soon as I get this darn new camera figured out :confused:

I wish I could afford a digital camera. I can remember when scanners used to cost a fortune but now they are dirt cheap. Hopefully digital cameras will go the same way.

Hey larry, is that a common?? It has the longest stalks I have ever seen. My common makes traps no more than an inch away from the rosette, the traps are about 1.5 inches long, but the leaves are really short. Do you grow that in low light or something like that?

Ok, here's one more
for_ulzar.jpg

Flint, yes it is a common, I grow it outdoors will plenty of light.  Aren't they suppose to grow long vertical leaves in spring?  It sure looks healthy to me
smile.gif

does anybody have a picture of a S.W. giant vft

I'll post a pic of my South West Giant tomorrow. It's just got a 1.1" trap at the moment. 2" traps in summer hopefully!
Larry - VFTs grow flat to the ground in spring and have longer stems in summer.

There are also more pictures (including mine)
in this thread in General Discussion.

Pat

(Edited by trashcan at 11
wow.gif
3 pm on May 7, 2002)

I think you have to put the picture onto a website first (you can get these for free easily) , then put a link to it in the post.

A really great way to do it to help out people with slower machines is to post it to the user gallery on this site and link to that, then the computer doesn't have to look as hard to find the new site, it just backtracks a little. I think you have to email the pic to Phil to do this. Then it is in the user gallery for everyone to find anytime too.

Hey I realize I am a bit late but I finally got the thing figured out
smile.gif

10073329-b959-02000180-.jpg

10073195-cf47-02000180-.jpg

10073739-9ee2-014000F0-.jpg

Back