What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photobucket is back!!!

• Thread starter Swagalotus
  • Start date
All the old pictures are back :banana2::banana2::banana2: time to start looking at old threads

Yep. Their new CEO decided it was a travesty that the Photobucket placeholder image became the most-viewed image on the internet overnight and restored hotlinking to existing images. You do still have to pay to continue using the service, but it's a lot cheaper now.

So all images currently hosted are available but if you want to upload new ones you need to pay for the service?

I just uploaded a photo to my unpaid account:
IMGP2169_zpsp4va2kqy.jpg

The only thing I see different is that I'm unable to download albums as a zip file. I wanted to download my albums and upload them elsewhere. This would save me the time of hunting for the originals scattered across backup DVDs.

Meanwhile people on another board are griping about the new TOS for Flickr. Something about granting SmugMug license in perpetuity to use your stuff on their servers. Kind of late to complain now. SmugMug gave users until May 11 to delete your files and accounts if you didn't want to agree to the new TOS.

Last edited:
I wanted to download my albums and upload them elsewhere. This would save me the time of hunting for the originals scattered across backup DVDs.
If you move them and keep the directory structure and file name, I can easily update your 545 photos in photobucket that I have linked in the CP Photofinder.

Last edited:
If you move them and keep the directory structure and file name, I can easily update your 545 photos in photobucket that I have linked in the CP Photofinder.

Part of the problem would be the file names. Photobucket added an option to obfuscate the file names to make it harder for bots to crawl through albums. Looks like what they did was tack on an underscore followed by a random string to the file name. If I re-upload from my disc archives the random tags would not be included. I suppose you could clip them out of the links on the CPPhotofinder with a regular expression.

Since Photobucket, at least for now, has re-enabled 3rd party hosting I'll let things stand. Otherwise it is too much work for all involved.

Back