What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pest issue whiteflies on an Iris in a tub with lots of U. tricolor and some marginals

• Thread starter pearldiver
  • Start date
I have a large tub with some yellow iris plants and lots of U. tricolor. There are some other aquatics, and/or marginals, dwarf horsetail and the like. The Iris has a bunch of whiteflies, but I am a bit reluctant to spray as I don't want to harm the utric, and stuff like neem oil probably would not be good for the aquatics and marginals in the root zone. Or so I am thinking. It is not like I can take one pot out, spray the top and put it back. Whatever I do is going to go all over the whole setup. I have thus far wiped a few of the leaves with a mix or need oil and water...and am currently running a fan nearby to if nothing else, irritate them. Thoughts ideas on how to get rid of them without doing in any of the mix of plants there? I have also heard that running a vacuum nearby may help to get at least a few of the adults.

Last edited:
I hate whitefly. I've never been able to eradicate or control them without using systemic pesticides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hit em' hard with a couple of things, and by Thor, it is raining today quite the rarity these days. The whiteflys are currently in short supply, but millipede like critters and sowbugs think the utrics are a tasty salad. I am crushing them when I see them, but they seem a bit like zombies.

Back