What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(PAID) (Zachf92 $30) Horrid King Assassin (Psytalla horrida)

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
I'm letting go of 3 Horrid King Assassin Bugs! Normally, they sell for $20 to $35 for ONE lil baby (nymph), but I'm offering adults for auction! These are the Rolls-Royce of assassin bugs. . . and rather DEATH METAL too!

INS014-00433.jpg

IMG_4359.jpeg

tgzdfx37enl61.jpg

Not my photos, found randomly online.

Horrid King Assassin live about 2 years as adults and these have just started to breed (so you'll have at least 1 male and 1 female in the group). They are predatory insects that feed on other bugs (crickets, mealworms, roaches, etc.) and can even take prey that is their size, or larger!

Coconut coir mixed with sand makes a good substrate, they like their terrarium bone dry, with a corner kept moist. The moist corner is important for egg laying females, as eggs are buried in moist areas. A misting once or twice a week is good, but make sure it dries in about an hour. Give them places to hide under, like cork bark and other pieces of wood. They use this as shelter and as a place to ambush prey. Assassin Bugs are nocturnal, but will feed during the day too. I keep mine at room temp with no supplemental lighting (they often hide from light). For the group of 3, I'd suggest a two gallon to five gallon size terrarium.

Shipping is $15 for the USA.

Note 1: This listing is for 3 Horrid King Assassin (Psytalla horrida) adults.

Note 2: Be careful, they can deliver a nasty bite (equal to a bee sting). Be sure to do your research before bidding.

PM with any questions!

Opening Bid $15

Last edited:
A bad *** looking bug! :eek:

Item has been paid, please arrange shipping

Just sent payment info.

Shipped Yesterday! :)

USPS says "delivered"!

Back