What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*PAID* Truely Organic Edible Texas Chives! (AnIsleAteHer $3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
20160406_102213.jpg

Nature-grown green chive onions fresh from the Gulf coast of Texas! These have been growing on my property for generations, presumably started back when this entire area was just one big grass farm for hundreds of acres. I discovered these about 3 years ago and have utilized them for all manners of cooking ever since. Flavor varies from somewhat sweet to a little spicy, depending on growing conditions. Easily self-propagating from the bulbs on top of the flower stalks they produce this time of year. The growth bulbs can also be picked and eaten, or alternatively, left to fall off on their own and grow more onions next season:
20160406_102343.jpg

You will receive 6 whole onions bundled together with roots, flowers, and top bulbs included (these may fall off during shipping if they don't drop off before auction ends. If that happens I will save you some of them and ship with onions.). Once they are prepped for culinary use they look something like this:
20160406_102505.jpg

20160406_102516.jpg

Yours may be bigger or smaller than the above pictured, but size is not everything with these anyway.

Starting bid $3. Winner to pay shipping of between $5-$6 worst case scenario. US only, excluding CA because I do not want to mess with their policies and restrictions. Winner can either contact me or I will contact you after auction ends with contact and payment info.

AnIsleAteHer has paid for this item. If shipping fees have been paid, please ship at your earliest convenience, Thank you for participating.

I'll need some shipping info whenever possible. Thanks for bidding and happy growing!

Item has been paid for. Please arrange shipping.

Okay am ready to ship. Having a big problem: there is no box available at my post office that will hold these chives. I have no idea what to do. May have to cancel this one. I don't want to use a massive box that will cost the winner $15 or better to ship.

Last edited:
Okay am ready to ship. Having a big problem: there is no box available at my post office that will hold these chives. I have no idea what to do. May have to cancel this one. I don't want to use a massive box that will cost the winner $15 or better to ship.

We have a few options:
1. Consult the buyer and see if they want to pay the extra shipping
2. Cancel the auction with buyer approval
3. Could you possibly cut the tops off and ship that way? Of course, the buyer would have to be ok with this.

Let us know what you decide.

Last edited:
Item has been paid for. Please arrange shipping and post here when shipped.

Sorry, item was shipped like 2 weeks ago... I have it as delivered on tracking. I had alerted carol that all of my plants had been shipped, and it should be partly the winner's responsibility to post on the auction that the plants or items have been received.

Last edited:
Sorry, item was shipped like 2 weeks ago... I have it as delivered on tracking. I had alerted carol that all of my plants had been shipped, and it should be partly the winner's responsibility to post on the auction that the plants or items have been received.

Yes, it is the winner's responsibility to let us know when they receive the item. I will close this thread and consider it received by the buyer. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back