What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(PAID) (BensBeasts $5) White Spot Assassin Bugs (Platymeris biguttatus)

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for auction is a group of 5 White Spot Assassin Bugs (Platymeris biguttatus) nymphs.

White-spot-Assassin-bug-Nymphs-x-5.jpg

Not my photo, found randomly online.

White Spot Assassin Bugs (Platymeris biguttatus) are beautiful predatory insects that are easy to keep and breed. They feed on other bugs (crickets, mealworms, roaches, etc.) and can even take prey that is their size, or larger!

I use coconut coir for substrate and they like a terrarium that is mostly bone dry, but with a corner kept moist. This is important for egg laying females, as most eggs will be buried in the moist corner. They like a misting once or twice a week, but be sure it dries in an hour or so. Give them places to hide under, like cork bark and other pieces of wood. They use this as shelter and as a place to ambush prey. Assassin Bugs are nocturnal, but will feed during the day too. I keep mine at room temp with no supplemental lighting (they often hide from light).

Note 1: This listing is for 5 small White Spot Assassin Bugs (Platymeris biguttatus) nymphs. They do not have white spotted wings until they reach adulthood.

Note 2: Be careful as they can deliver a nasty bite (equal to a bee sting). Be sure to do your research before bidding.

Shipping is $12 for the USA.

PM with any questions!

Opening Bid $5

Giant Canyon Isopods (Porcellio dilatatus)
Powder Orange Isopods (Porcellionides pruinosus ‘orange')
Pink Isopods (Cubaris murina 'papaya')
Spider-Beetles (Mezium affine)

Last edited:
This item has been paid, please arrange shipping

PM sent to BensBeasts. :)

Contact made, waiting for shipping $$$.

Shipped today! (6/9/21) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back