What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*PAID* 5 Starter Iris Giganticaerulea (Giant Blue Iris) (aerogrower $10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Stock image pulled from online cause I don't have a good whole-crop pic like this of mine to post:)
PSW_IMG0080.JPG

Native to Louisiana (and apparently Texas), it is one of the tallest growing species of Iris known. They die back to the tubers during winter, and re-emerge each spring. They are happy sitting in water in part shade, just like a lily, where they will flower profusely for several months once mature enough to flower. I've seen these reach over 6' in height so you might not want to put these in the front of your garden bed. :spazz:

You are bidding on (5) starter plants, approximately 13"-18" in height, that may flower next year. Sent bareroot. I will try to post a pic of the actual plants later, but here are how the flowers look from my crops, variating from dark blue to purple:

20150407_072540.jpg

Starting bid.. how about a buck a plant? $5. Winner to pay for either standard or priority shipping via post office. US only but no CA bids please.

Last edited:
Okay, didn't think these would get bids since these are one of those large growing plants not everyone has room for. I'll get some pics of the actual plants today.

Okay, so the ones below are the ones I am putting up for the auction currently, however, if bidding goes up more I may toss in a few extra plants for fun.

I went out earlier today and picked off some good seed pods from the spent-out flowers, and will include 2 of those in this auction too, just for kicks. Each one has a ton of seeds so this will easily get you a crop going.

I tried to use a broomstick for reference, but I don't think it worked out too well. Lol. I tried. They are hard to size reference.
20160411_130442.jpg

Seed pods look like this
20160411_132102.jpg

Happy bidding!

Edit: Sigh. Pictures always so massive even after I crop and resize. :(

Last edited:
Aerogrower has paid for this item. If you have received shipping fees, please ship at your earliest convenience. Thank you for participating

Item has been paid for. Please arrange shipping.

Item has been paid for. Please arrange shipping and post here when shipped.

Item has been paid for. Please arrange shipping and post here when shipped.

Plants and a few extras received in perfect condition today! Thank for donating these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back