What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchid Spikes

Ok like a normal Orchid my phalaenopsis sent out a spike that ended in a couple flowers. Then again like a normal one it branches out and puts more flowers out. Here's what I thought was wierd at the end of this (where the node is) it branched out again. Not from the main spike ,but the other branch. The flowers from the first branch should be ending any time now as they have been on for about 2 months. Any thoughts on this.

Sounds like you have a nice healthy plant. If you take good care of your phal it will continue to branch and bloom. I know people who have let their phal bloom for a year before cutting the spike so the plant can put it energy back in to growing. If your phal starts to look stressed cut the spike other wise just let keep doing what it' doing.

I have half a dozen Phals in flower at the moment and one of them has 6 separate spikes with about 20 deep pink flowers on each spike. The entire plant is the most massive mass of flowers I think I have ever seen. I have hung all the plants together and it is beautiful.

Cheers, fatboy.

Back