What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Operation Christmas Child

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I'm gonna do this tomorrow! You get a shoe box and fill it with toys/school supplies/clothes and stuff and it will be sent to a child who won't get a Christmas present this year
sad.gif
You can chose a boy or girl (i'm picking a boy) and three different age groups:2-4, 5-9 or 10-14. I'm doing ages 5-9. It's not too late to do this if you're interested. A great place to go is the Dollar Store, they have lots of toy selections and they're not expensive. Here is a link to their site if you want to check it out: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Happy Holidays!
smile.gif

Yes,this is a nice thing to do.

Jerry

I think so too and like I said it's not too late
smile.gif
I would feel really good if I did it, which I will tomorrow
smile.gif

I love doing OCC. The first time I did it I got a post card thanking me from a family in Bosnia. My church is a pick up center for our region, and we always seem to collect around 2000 boxes. It is a very good thing to do. I always give a egg of silly putty, and cool sunglasses.

That's cool! I was going to get silly putty and some cool sunglasses too! I'm also going to get some toy cars and such. They said not to buy war items like guns/knives and toy soldiers, which I can totally understand! Jeff said I should do two shoe boxes, one for a boy and girl, so I'll get the girl some jump rope and maybe some hair clips and dolls
smile.gif

Back