What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On Edge Again. Having a bad day. Please no bashing at me. Only need friendly words.

sorry, you gave the impression things arent getting pushed because of your dad......given it happened to you as an individual and not really against his property where your living i just dont see where your dad factors in.....

and i think your view of the marines attitude is a bit skewed.....what your stating aint my experience....i never joined the service due to health issues but ive got plenty of friends and family in and retired from all branches, and before you call BS keep in mind ive got 17 aunts and uncles that are blood relatives, i am not including their spouses and around 60 first cousins and military service is big in my family.....most marines tend to be tough SOB's, my uncles and cousins are, but if you aint willing to stomp these idiots into the ground now your not going to be willing to do it once your a marine......those kinda things are ingrained into you now....and time in the marines didnt change that kinda stuff in them.....

I would if I knew where they lived now. They are always moving. Getting evicted from there former resident. They are always on the move it seems. Its like searching for a needle in a hay stack.

Even though Phoenix is a more crime-ridden city than Tuscon in my opinion, I don't really see any of it since I'm stuck here in my house nearly 24/7, (my parents are highly protective, but I understand that it's only because they care).

I'd suggest setting up some kind of net trap to capture them if they ever approach your front door. If they're armed and trying to shoot at you just shoot em' back!

I hope your problems get resolved soon

Have you spoken with any of your neighbors about this? I'm sure they don't appreciate having people shooting at houses in their vicinity.
~Joe

Hi Seedjar. I have spoken with a couple Neighbors. They are just as worried as me about this.

if they keep doing it, (both "friends" and detectives,) eventually id take it to supreme court if i was able to get through. hope it clears up soon, and they get arrested.

I agree Awgaupp, I have considered that. Once I pile up enough evidence against the city for there negligence in solving my case, I am going to sue the city. It sucks that I have to have a 12 gauge next to me every night. Its a Bennelli brand. I use Extra Heavy field load with 2 3/4in shells. I was up to like 4 in the morning last night waiting for there return. My dad went and bought a "dummy" cam to put in place of the stolen one. We do still have 3 working real cams running to try and catch them again.

Were going to get another real cam to replace the stolen one. The "dummy" is just temporary.

great. im only twelve though, so i wouldnt know the brand. but anyways, i hope you win the case if you do take it to court.

Hi Seedjar. I have spoken with a couple Neighbors. They are just as worried as me about this.

If that's the case, you could start a petition with the neighborhood - talk to the concerned parties and get them to sign on, and then ask them to call around to their neighbors and in-town friends and explain the situation. Present your town council with a few dozen to 100 signatures and they'll probably be more keen on listening. I also suggest contacting the press. If you do, don't focus on articulating your case; what you want to get them interested in is the fact that the police aren't helping you and that your household is under lethal threat. Ordinarily, this might result in burning a few bridges in town, but since you're on the way to the service soon anyways, it shouldn't become anything big.
As for your comment on becoming a marine... I admire your aspiration, but - at the risk of sounding critical - it worries me what you say about not being pushed around. Joining the service does not instill strength in a person (contrary to what the TV ads might depict.) In fact, in boot camp you will be conditioned to submit to others - so take note that stand-up-for-yourself is not a skill that will be emphasized in your formal training. Military training is an excellent opportunity to hone your body and mind, but you have to find your strength from within. And in my observation, it's important to do that before you ever set foot on the battlefield. I say this because I've known some very strong people who were crushed by war and their duty. I've also known people who were pinnacles of virtue and truly believed in their service, who succumbed to simple bad luck or negligence. Friends I grew up with signed on to escape their lives at home - their families, their debts - and quite a few of them aren't with me anymore. And as someone who has dealt with the military medical system for my entire life, I can tell you that, although their doctors are excellent, it's very easy to slip through the cracks once you're no longer useful - especially for a dependent like me, but also enlisted personnel and even for high-ranking officers like my father.
When you sign your contract, that's it - there's no more preparing. They decide how much boot camp you get, how much body armor you wear, and how much gunfire they're dropping you into. And nobody gets to decide what kind of horrible things you'll have to see and do out there. So please be sure that you're ready for anything that might come your way.
Best luck,
~Joe

PS - Also, as the perpetrators know you personally, I would recommend against posting any of the specifics here, particularly about your security provisions. This is a public board and it's likely that they can determine whatever aliases you go by online. Assume they're reading this.

I agree joe. take to the press, itll show about the police/detectives. and yes, dont post everything.

The press is a good tool, but make sure to be a good citizen and pursue civic methods first. Write a short letter to your governor and district in-state representatives. You're likely asking for something that disrupts some sort of power balance or status quo in the police department, so you need to be official and have the backing of representatives and voters. Also, it's inconsiderate to create a press circus unnecessarily, especially for a public office - that's costly to everyone in your community. Besides, the press are less likely to pick up the story if you haven't done a good job of exploring your options. If you truly need their help, you need to come to them as absolutely dejected and hopeless as possible - they aren't going to intervene if your case isn't sympathetic. (And that means soap-opera, public-interest peace sympathetic - remember that common sense doesn't apply with television, especially news and moreso local news.)
~Joe

Hi guys, I agree with what you say and I am fully prepared for everything that is thrown my way. Also about these guys, They them selves aren't into CP's. I've never seen them own a CP before or even speak of them in the slightest. They cant even afford computers.
I feel I'm safe speaking of it here.

Possibly. However, consider this - you also post on YouTube, one of the most ubiquitous sites on the net today, and a board specifically dedicated to growers in your area. Even if they aren't into CPs, they've been to your house, so they know you have plants. They might not recognize them, but if you have lights or racks or anything, they've surely taken notice. If they've been to your house, they may be able to verify your online identity by the pictures and videos you post. And, if they're out to get you, they or some of their friends have almost certainly done a little bit of digging - even if they aren't savvy enough to do a good job of it.
Even if the chances of them finding this are slim, is it worth giving them information that they could use to physically harm you and the rest of your household? Perhaps you need the catharsis of spilling out the details here, but my guess is that censoring yourself just a little is probably a negligible expenditure next to risking the safety of your family. You're emotional and stressed about this right now, but try to be objective - obviously, you're sincerely concerned about your father's safety and the wellbeing of your neighborhood at least. I think that if you take a deep breath and think about how you want this situation to turn out, you'll agree that you can't be too cautious right now.
~Joe

I dont post on you tube. I just view others videos.

Ah, OK - glad to hear that. Perhaps the situation is not quite as dire. Stay safe, and good luck - that's a tough spot to be in.
~Joe

Possibly. However, consider this - you also post on YouTube, one of the most ubiquitous sites on the net today, and a board specifically dedicated to growers in your area. Even if they aren't into CPs, they've been to your house, so they know you have plants. They might not recognize them, but if you have lights or racks or anything, they've surely taken notice. If they've been to your house, they may be able to verify your online identity by the pictures and videos you post. And, if they're out to get you, they or some of their friends have almost certainly done a little bit of digging - even if they aren't savvy enough to do a good job of it.
Even if the chances of them finding this are slim, is it worth giving them information that they could use to physically harm you and the rest of your household? Perhaps you need the catharsis of spilling out the details here, but my guess is that censoring yourself just a little is probably a negligible expenditure next to risking the safety of your family. You're emotional and stressed about this right now, but try to be objective - obviously, you're sincerely concerned about your father's safety and the wellbeing of your neighborhood at least. I think that if you take a deep breath and think about how you want this situation to turn out, you'll agree that you can't be too cautious right now.
~Joe

make sure they never get into the house. if they would get in, they could possibly take the plants to sell. and do you have a security system?

They would never get into the house. I have 2 security doors and there is a total of 4 guns in the house. A 12 gauge, 44magnum, Berretta 9m, and a Tommy gun with a 50rd drum with a spare 30rd stick mag.
About the security system ,I am going to follow seed jars advice about staying a bit more censored in that area. Although I can say my best security system I have are my Firearms. No electronic can top those.
Good thing is all my expensive plants are safely indoors.

But anyways since I am currently un employed, I am always home to guard the house and plants, so they would have to go through me first.

Day or Night I'm game

I haven't read through the entire thread, so maybe it's been covered. First off, sorry to hear this, I'd be mighty pissed off also.

How bout security flood lights? Get a big, mean dog. Report those stolen guns. Start keeping a log of everything that has happened and does happen. Is their a neighborhood watch? If not, start talking to your neighbor about getting one together. Wish I had more advice!

Hi Night sky, I have a cat so a dog is out of the Picture. I honestly think of that cat as like my child. The old previous stolen guns have been reported. The police Detectives aren't interested in looking into my case. We dont have a neighbor hood watch, although I wish we did. We do have some small flood lights. Need to get some better ones.
A log has been kept about all of the events. So evidence is piling up.

i dont think a dog would be out of the picture. Buy it as a pup, and hey, they may bond.

Try setting lots of fake security cameras in obvious locations. They have a mighty impact, and if they try to "take them out" theyll just be wasting time. Maybe hook them up to a sound alert that will give you a heads up.

And barbed wire always work. Good luck with everything man. Keep your guns close, and if you can, hit 'em in the lower body first so they feel the pain. ;)

Oh and TASERS are sweet.

Back