What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK, what did you all get from Santa?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Well...I saw on their website that you get a signed book if you donate $15,000 to the tree program. LOL I was gonna make a donation til I saw that.

Their website...

http://www.cnr.vt.edu/4H/remarkabletree/

pak thats pretty cool, the guy who wrote the wild bunch lives in my town. Lol, all his books are based on this town too.

Late reply; my motherboard died on Christmas morning and it took me a couple days to upgrade (what are the odds?).

Santa doesn't visit my house anymore, but I did find a cool "Mr. Beer" beer kit for half off at CVS. It makes 2 gallons of pale ale and should be a decent introduction to home brewing, something I've been wanting to get into for a while now!

Also I can finally upgrade to a PCIe x16 vid card since my 7 year old mother board only had PCI slots. I'll be getting a geforce 8600 GT in the mail any day now. :-D

For Christmas, now complete, as we went to Lynn's sister on New Years's, I received, shirts, socks, pants, a gift certificate from a CP store, and a CAMERA! It may not be the top of the line, but it does have 3x digital zoom, as well as optical zoom,and 7 megapixels. I won't be wowing anybody with big big globules of dew or anything, but at least I have can use, anytime.

So I inserted the brand new batteries and the memory card and pressed the power button, with the excitement of a child and.... nothing happened. It didn't come on. I re-inserted the batteries, making sure positive and negative were correct... and nothing. So near and yet so far. As soon as I can wrest the receipt....

42 inch Panasonic Plasma Television
and I gifted myself a Blu-Ray player.

Can't wait to get it fired up.

i got...

a bunch of candy from
a art pad
water colors
pastels
a labler
refill labels
500 plant labels
2 cubic feet of spagnum moss
a slr nikon d40
a tripod
a case
a 2gb sd card
jeans
sweater
and some other things

i gave

a ton of candy
linerider wii
lots of giftcards
metallica albums
cooking stuff
a sawlike clock
more candy
and more!

I spun out into a snow bank and got a ticket for christmas ~ ~woooohooooo

Last edited:
hahaha well i got
300$ in costco giftcards from one of my sisters going to my GH
200$ from the parental units for the GH
30$ from one sister also going to the GH
50$ from the biological father for the GH
new headphones
4gig SD chip for my phone
bought myself N Jacquelineae, N Villosa and preordered N Jamban
from Max i got a Predator cutting and Ventricosa x Angasanensis cutting

gave
too much stuff to list...a good 1800$ in gifts around the family and friends....all in all a good christmas

i got ACDC rock band(heck yes!!) and halo 3 for xbox 360. a new iPod nano. starbucks giftcards. and college money! i gave my brothers a hand me down go cart from a friend of mine. my mom the Gone with the wind DVD set. my dad a new drill. and then i had an angle tree boy who i got clothes and toys for. i feel all fuzzy inside =] and also for me. a break up with psycho girlfriend. tada! =]

Alex

Technically, in a way, Tales of Vesperia because my mom paid me back when I bought it with my own money.

I spun out into a snow bank and got a ticket for christmas ~ ~woooohooooo

Ouch! Were the two events related? Talk about insult to injury!

Kris made out real well. I wanna be Kris!

BTW, my camera does work. They have the + & - backwards in the compartment and not the world's greatest electrical connection.

BTW, my camera does work. They have the + & - backwards in the compartment and not the world's greatest electrical connection.

Yay for pictures! :p

Hmm,let me see.I got a L.E.D. flashlight, a book by Steven Raichlen (Ribs,Ribs,Ribs.),a drill bit set and a Smith and Wesson Sigma SW9VE 9mm pistol.I might have left something out but I like that pistol!

hey i just got a late xmas gift...a ch-ch-ch-chia dinosuar! cant wait to see how this thing turns out! its always funny switching over from the tender care of growing a N. hamata to the "mmm...whatever" of noraml plants.

cool85k5 makes me insecure in my manhood though. I get a chia he gets a tool set and a pistol! :p

I saw a "naughty" chia pet once. I'm not gotta tell ya where you grew the sprouts... lol!

Chia dinosaur!? You should try planting it with D. burmanii seeds or pygmy 'dews instead! Or maybe some Utric, but that's not quite as fun.
This year was a super slim one for me. I taught my mom how to use BitTorrent and AIM, and gave her a long neck massage. Usually giving gifts is one of my favorite parts of the year, so this season has been a bit of a bummer for me. But, BitTorrent was well received, and now my mom actually has a use for all the bandwidth she pays for with DSL. Plus, her excitement at the notion of teaching her friends about it was pretty rewarding - I think it'll get more use than most of the gifts I've given.
I got a new alpaca ski cap, a box of my favorite brand of ginger candy (by pure luck - my mom didn't even know,) a weird but neat art print (it's a cow-themed parody of the Terminator II movie poster,) enough Christmas money to make my rent this month, and we didn't have time to go get it from the store while I was visiting, but my mom will be getting me a copy of the new Animal Crossing on Wii (she was going to go for Wii Music but I pointed out that there will probably be cheap used copies in a few months anyways, and Animal Crossing includes a USB mic for VoIP support.) I also bought myself a copy of Chrono Trigger on DS - my favorite game ever and the thing that inspired me to take on the career path I'm working on - since my original SNES copy never came back from the friend I lent it to in high school. And, thanks to a brilliantly timed coupon I found in the paper, I snagged a copy of Metroid Prime 3 for free with my purchase! BO~NUS!
~Joe

Chia dinosaur!? You should try planting it with D. burmanii seeds or pygmy 'dews instead!
~Joe

That's quite an idea! I might want to try that sometime. If only I could find the right Chia object...

I saw a "naughty" chia pet once. I'm not gotta tell ya where you grew the sprouts... lol!

Perfect! That'll make a great conversation piece. Where can I find one of those?

The dinosaur is perfect - what better for a carnivore? Elmer Fudd might be interesting, too. Or maybe the tree-shaped one?
~Joe

PS - If only there were a Chia Disco Stu. D. scorpioides? I think yes.

A Moose would be great, too! I'll have to wait until the next December 26th...or 27th, I'm not sure if X-Moose is one of those holidays that is kinda variable...A tree would also be nice for Christmas!

Lol, What about Elmer Fudd with a Nepenthes growing out of his nose?

Grow, CPs, grow!

Back