What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oh no!!!

upper

Capensis Killer
in my pot, there's this empty space where really nothing is growing.... just plain peat&perlite... it doesnt even have LFS on top.... today i just came back from football practice and there was a mushroom there!!! i quickly removed it.... i'll post picture in a few sec...

is there anything wrong with what i'm doing? why is a mushroom popping out? i'm scared :( it grew from close to the side of the pot. its outside in as much sun as i can get and using the water tray method.

Mushrooms produce via spores that go through the air, so they can pop up anywhere. They're not really the kind of fungus you have to be scared of. Just make sure you wash your hands after removing them, many varieties are highly toxic.

yeah exactly, the spores just infected the substrate, mushrooms dont need light at all in order to grow so your amount of light isnt what caused it... just pure happening and from having it outside and in humid conditions...

it wasnt a psychlobin was it? I'd love one right about now, it'd make work more fun

Back