What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offspring of Mutated Seeds/Fruits?

• Thread starter NemJones
  • Start date

NemJones

I Am the Terror Of the Night!
This week, I was finally able to find a couple of fruits from a plant that
I had been searching for for 8+ years. Unfortunately, I could only get a couple
and one of the seeds is slightly deformed. (Ill post a Grow Documentation if they sprout.)

I was curious If this mutant seed grows, what the chances are that ITS Seeds will also
be deformed and funky? Or is it more likely that its offspring would be fine

Can you be more specific? What plant? What conditions?What kind of deformation? Lots of things can cause a misshapen fruit besides genetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you be more specific? What plant? What conditions?What kind of deformation? Lots of things can cause a misshapen fruit besides genetics.

Ill describe this best I can.
Its a Trapa Bicornis nut, one of the "wings" is pretty badly deformed. Kind of like a nemo arm.
I cant answer for conditions, because I wasnt able to see where they came from

That’s probably just a one-off malformation or possibly environmental. Unless all the seeds on the plant were like that (and even if—obviously you can’t know that), it’s typically not something that would be passed down to the embryo.

Back