What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Odd Trap On Big Vig..

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
:0o: I recived a Big Vig. today that i should have had a week ago, anyways Jen and I noticed a odd trap on it and i snapped pics.. It reminds me of a Cup Trap but it has this little spike pointy thingy on it as well.. Sorry for the crappy pics.. :blush: Anyone have any ideas as to why a Big Vig would produce such a odd trap??
OddVFT.jpg

OddVFTB.jpg

OddVFTC.jpg

OddVFTD.jpg

deform?? maybe???

I've got a typical who makes those traps when in chock

that's pretty crazy. But I think it looks awesome! Is it functional?

Oh woah, I had that same trap on my VFT! It didn't have trigger hairs though so it didn't work...

looks like this one didnt have trigger hair neither... but some of my VFT will close even if i dont touch the trigger hair, just by rubbing the outside.

Upper, how does that work?!? ??? ??? isn't that the whole point of having trigger hairs?

:-( The trap was non functional, its now turning black and new traps are growing, This poor VFT sat in a box for over a week and a half, its leafs were pretty yellow by the time i recived it, but atleast its slowly making a come back, i will be checking its new traps just incase it forms another one..

Looks like you got yerself a 'cupped trap' there.........

At least on one leaf. ;)

Back